2019年6月25日火曜日

Egg Scans & talk - June 2001

Hi there!

So there are 5 more days left for June and I only now post the June issue of 2001 egg that I wanted to post since the beginning of the monthXD Typical.

So a little bit about this time of egg:
In 2001 egg's most famous face was Hiromi Endo.
We're talking about the period of time in between Ganguro & Manba~ Ganguro was in it's pick at the end of 99' and by 2001 we're after the millennium and the fashion slightly changed. Gals are still called Ganguro but they look more and more "western" with influences from western celebrities and trends. The makeup is still pretty simple, Not all the models are wearing lenses or even lashes, But you can see that Hiromi for example wearing both lashes and lenses and probably having the deepest tan, Which is, I guess, What makes her stand out in every photoshoot, Puts her on every cover and making her the charismatic gal she is. (Was, But I'm living in 2001 so.)
June issue is still considered a Spring issue even though in Israel it's already S U M M E R like hell, But I know that is lots of places it's still kinda spring-ish.
What I love about 2001 gal fashion is that it's super simple, Yet it's 100% gal. As much as I love the OTT gal fashion of circa 2010, I feel 2001 is more inspiring for me and more useful for my everyday life. 
I'll be posting my favorite looks and pages from this issue and might add a little words about my thoughts or just facts about the fashion or period of time in gal; feel free to ignore itXD


So we start with, of course, one of my favorite parts of every issue- the gal collage!

As I said, Hiromi just pops right out!

My favorite looks of the first photoshootp~ There were some that were too simple even for me but I did find a lot of inspiring ones!
For example this ADORABLE denim maxi

Loving the combo of this shade of blue X Leopard print

Hiromi<3

This look is totally Aya from GALS!

Super super simple yet with the tan, hair and makeup this looks 100% gal!
I really wanna get me some sabrinas.

Maya is one of the first manba looking gals in the 2001 issue, Still in her 90's atsuzokos and wearing Alba Rosa, That only Started being popular among gals in that point of time.


This is a very messy outfit yet it somehow works. I would give up the fishnet stockings but I love it anyway. The midi length skirts are strong that season.

Another almost-manba.

If you read the manga GALS! you can see that even in 1999 and 2000, Ganguro trio is wearing alba pieces, But Ran is wearing the alba coat only in the last part of the manga. That's because the extreme ganguro were the ones that started the obsession to alba rosa and the typical Shibuya gal was wearing more Cocolulu, Roco Nails, Cecil McBEE and Egoist.


The next part I loved is a fun day in the life of Hiromi and Masamegu~ This is the shooting day where they took the cover photo from.
Gal magazines did it often, Followed 2 models on a fun day in (usually) Shibuya, showing the readers how fun it is to be a gal XD




I like both outfits but Hiromi's is my no.1 pick again.

Next up is a trend alert with the Vivid Junkies photo session!
I was talking about "Bibitto" (Vivid tone) in one of my previous posts. That was a super trend in gal fashion in 2001, wearing bright happy colors!

Hiromi's outfit here is ADORABLE!!! Loving every item in this look!

Another trend alert is fruit prints~ I'm LOVING this trend and I've been trying to find items with fruit patters forever now!

Masamegu's outfit is so cute! The midi skirt with the tube top<3

Adorable items I'd love to have:


Loving especially Mai's outfit (Blue shirt)~ The color combo is so cute + I have to have this hat.

On to the next thing~ makeup!
Super simple makeup using only lenses, I really wanna try it when I get blue CL.
What stands out to me in this type of makeup is the eyebrows. 
I feel like the way to do this looks starts with the eyebrows and, Very arched and this, light colored eyebrows.

Different ways to put an eyeshadow and lipstick colors that are the models' choice

Move on to the 'New Face' part, And this month's new face has a very cute fashion sense!

Also took a picture of this even though it was tiny and in black and white, Just so you see the first bits of the Alba Rosa trend!

How could I not include this in my post??

I loveeee the 'What's in my bag' parts! This time-Masamegu!


Next, Is the E.Girls photo albums~
You know how much I love those oldschool looking photos in bad qualityXD 


Every gal has to start with a tropical dress!



Check this out, it's Buriteri!
in 2001 she was still showing up in egg sometimes but not so much as a model, more as a gal older sister, Giving advices and fashion picks.
In her old photos you can see her and other egg models in their extreme ganguro game.




XDDDDDDD



In some issues, The egg team would go to a certain city or town in Japan and take pictures of the local gals! this time- Shizuoka!

I love how there were so many gals that there was a big gal community everywhereT_T

The local E.Girl got to be in the bigger photoXD I have to sat I didn't really like her look, The hair looks kinda weird, But I post it cause I really love the skirt & top!

An outfit I liked more with almost the same elements yet somehow it works better

An add with a really cute art~

E.Girls Polaroid massages!

In every issue they have a VS of the photos that's they took by mistake that were the most hilarious XD
 

And one last thing- the back of the magazine had this parapara add and it's so coolT_T


So to summ up this issues fashion points, The trends are:
Vivid Colors
Fruit Patterns
Medium length skirts
healed sandals

As for hair and makeup, I noticed most of the E.Girls are sporting light brown\honey color hair in warm tones, mostly with side bangs and almost never curly. They seem to wear it simply straight maybe with a hat or hair accessory.
It seems to me that the big gal hair was not an issue yet at this point of time.
The makeup is SUPER simple, No lenses is common and no lashes is seen also on the most popular models, Even though you can see how the ones wearing heavier makeup are standing out more,
it seems like the metallic colors in makeup are still a thing even after the 90's are over.
The most important thing in the 2001 gal makeup seems to be the arched eyebrows.


Well I really hope this post was inspiring for you, And even if it wasn't maybe you found it interesting^^
I wanna keep tracking the gal fashion and trend history, I kinda wish I started i 1997, But god those issues are hard to find.
So we'll see where this is goingXD 

See you in my next post!

Love,

Georgie

2 件のコメント:

  1. Love this! You are really making me want to get as many older issues as possible! It looked so much fun to be a gal back then. Makes me wish I didn't waste time with Lolita lol
    ~Kieli♥
    bunnycraftydream.com

    返信削除
  2. This magazine is pure gold, thanks for getting this scans/pictures out there!

    返信削除