2020年4月19日日曜日

Ikemegu inspired outfits part 1 (Amekaji)

Hi Hi~!

So as I promised, Today's post will be a little more interesting

As I mentioned 10000000 times before, I love Ikemegu, I'm obsessed with her blog and her style and she's one of my all times favorite models!
Since quarantine started I went through her blog for the millionth time and I saved many many of her outfits
 so I thought I'd do an Ikemegu outfit inspiration post! But since her style is so diverse, I'm gonna do it in 3 parts:P

So first, A little bit about Ikemegu:

Ikemegu, Ikeda Megumi, Was one of Scawaii's models, One of the popular one's too, She's the same generation as Tsubasa, Shizuka Muto and Wakatsuki Chinatsu (That was also a Scawaii model btw) and her most famous era was between 2007~2009 if I'm not mistaken.
She was really good friends with Shizuka Muto and she had her toy puddle Kitty that was almost like her boyfriend XD 
She appeared in some MVs and commercials and in 2010 she got her own website and started blogging there but at some point she kind of disappeared and from what I know she got married and graduated from her modeling career.

Ikemegu's style stands out to me cause it's so damn simple XD
Not many accessories, Very simple clothes, And diversity in styles. Combined with her perfect hair and makeup she looks amazing and I think her style is perfect for everyday and even lazy days~
To achieve her style without makeup just style your hair as huge as you can and cover your face with gigantic celebu sunglasses (Like Shizuka Muto~) 
So Ikemegu's style is very 2008, both western and Japanese combined. During all of her modeling days she did a lot of amekaji looks, But they are not hade cocolulu style, But more like the origin of amekaji- the real american casual style, But with gyaru elements here and there. She doesn't wear many accessories but you can see a lot of plaid, dots and stripes in her outfits. The colors can be both pastels or vivid but she rarely has very outstanding color combos, You can see a lot of monotones which makes her outfits feel even more casual and effortless.
She wears mostly sneakers or UGG boots with her amekaji outfits and the only accessories that are heavily used are hats and glasses. She does use some SBY accessories sometimes so fluffy bears stuff or ponpons are there too.
One more point of her fashion is wearing wool hats with short sleeves\no sleeves\summer outfits in general

Check out some of her amekaji outfits~


So much of my casual style is based on her style you have no idea

















Isn't she perfect?T_T
 love herrrrrr


So here are the outfits that I coordinated with Ikemegu on my mind <3


Pullover...FOREVER21
Maxi dress...Cecil McBEE
Hat...DonDon Down
Shoes...off brand



Tshirt...FOREVER21
...Skirt
Shoes...NEWS
...Hat



Tshirt...Wanboo
Skirt...Renuar
Cardigan...local grandpa shop
Hat...off brand



Tank top...Pimkie
Overall...TwentyFourSeven
Shushu...TOPTEN

Another way to accessorize this look




Tshirt...Bgood
Plaid shirt...Aliexpress
Skirt...Yumetenbo
Shoes...Converse
Hat...Valentine's High



Sweatshirt...Ank Rouge
Leggings...Gina
Scarf...off brand
Hat...off brand



Tshirt...PINK
Skirt...Billabong
Cardigan...local grandpa shop
Hair accessory...$ store

Also possible with that cardigan~


I have so many more ideas for Ikemegu inspired looks but really I just did too many XD

As I said already, She had other styles she used to do, Even though amekaji was the one that she did through all the years she was blogging.
Her 2008 style was more grown up and a little rokku sometimes, Very 2008 Tsu chan cause 1. they were friends and 2. I think almost all the gals in that year wore what Tsu chan was wearing 
In 2009 and on she used to wear softer more girly outfits, Some himekaji and more pink and princessy.
I'll have 2 more parts of this series one for each style I mentioned^^

Well, I hope you liked this post!

Bye Bye

GeorgiePiyo

6 件のコメント:

  1. I can definitely see it!! Thinking back on it, your styles are very similar <3 I love the fourth outfit with the bear purse too ~ I can't wait to see part 2! (ps. that tip about wearing huge celeb sunglasses if you didn't wear makeup is a good one lol I've got to try that!)
    - Amiman♥

    返信削除
    返信
    1. I ordered these kind of sunglasses from mercari before the corona thingy started and it never cameeeeeeeT_T But I guess we all have a random huge pain at home cause we're extra aren't weXD I'll look for one lolol

      And thank you so much! I feel like Ikemegu was an important part of my gal journey just as much as Tsubasa!:P

      削除
  2. I absolutely LOVE these outfits...they inspire me so much! I always feel like amekaji clothing is difficult to find here in local shops, even tho there are literally everywhere, because I don't really have an eye for it..I would love to see more outfits from you, so I can learn from you <3

    返信削除
  3. You're so good at coming up with outfits that just perfectly fit oldschool T-T <3

    返信削除
  4. Omg I remember seeing photos of her! And I can totally see the inspo from a lot of your past blog posts! So cute!!! I tend to wear stuff like this out of gal too xD
    ~Kieli♥
    bunnycraftydream.com

    返信削除
  5. omg hi!!! I was searching for more info about her and your blog saved me \( ^ ^ )/

    返信削除