2021年1月1日金曜日

New Year's Eve🎍




It's the first day of a new year, It's finally 

jk, It's 2021 the year of the Ox :P oh wellXD
 To celebrate the new year's eve, Hatul and I had a traditional Japanese meal called Osechi!

It's a layered box of small dishes that symbolize luck and fortune for the new year^^ The layers symbolize the continuity of the good luck, And to share an Osechi is the traditional way to eat for families!

I wish we had a big jubako (the layered box) but also thank god we didn't cause then it means more stuff to prepare and I was DEAD w

We were only 2 people so even though the traditional way of organizing a jubako is in 3,5,7.. It was more comfortable to organize in even numbers w I don't know what it means for good luck etc

First box is for appetizers~ 

Second for simmered dishes

And third is basically for sweeter foods (purple kurikinton?? w)

We also had Namasu salad

And Ozoni which is a mochi soup, That usually is eaten on the morning of the 1.1, But we knew that in the morning we will have no time:(

Yay!

I'm so proud! Made a lot of those myself^^

There we A LOT of preparations and I was after a very hard 2 weeks, The last 2 weeks of the year. I'll write more about it in my next posts but, As I mentioned, I was VERY tired. So coming home in the afternoon and cooking till so late made me even more exhausted lol I barely remember anything w
But I'm so happy I could share the evening with my Hatuli and we had yummy food<3

Even if we fell asleep of the couch 2 seconds after dinner w


Of! And we also had anko mochi for dessert!

All the recipes are from OnlyOneCookBook which is a really cool website with all the Japanese cooking recipes you could dream of! I always use it^^

So before I finish this post I wanna wish you a wonderful and happy new year!
I hope this year we could go back to normal life, We could actually enjoy it, Enjoy life, Be healthy and happy and lucky! Let 2021 be a year of appreciating life<3

Also I wanna thank everyone who had been reading my blog this year, Being so kind and supporting. I wanna thank for new friends I made this year and new experiences I had, Good and bad. I appreciate it all! I hope next year will bring more good then bad to all of us~

Love you!

GeorgiePiyo

4 件のコメント:

  1. Ahhhh everything looks so good!!!! Amazing job~
    Also I wish this new year is amazing for you as well. Congrats to us. We made it through 2020. Let's own 2021!♥

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Thank you so much^^! I was really proud of myself tbh that's probably the thing I'm happy about in 2020 that I got over my hate and fear of the kitchen!

      削除
  2. חמודים שאתם!!! שתהיה שנה מדהימה מלאת בריאות אושר והצלחה בכל
    אוהבת את שניכם מאודמאודד
    וכל מה שהכנתם נראה מדהים וטעים!!

    返信削除
    返信
    1. תודה ילד ושנה טובה גם לך
      <333333
      אוהב אותך והלוואי ותבוא שוב להתארח נכין לך אוכל:DDD

      削除